1930 to 1950 Austrian Equipment
This selection of soft iron pitons and vintage equipment comes to us from the Allgau and Austrian Alps. The owner used them from the 1930s through the 1950s when they were finally retired. The previous owner told us that the equipment was used for so long because…”pre-war it was [a good selection] and very useful, post-war it was all we had [the money for].” The pitons are a combination of what was commercially available at the time and handmade designs which covered a good range of protection possibilities. Examples of very similar equipment can be found in our 1930 Sporthaus Jungborn catalog.